Monday, November 10, 2014

on cleanliness and poop (always poop)

This is not a new problem but instead a perpetual problem it seems, but I can't keep our house clean. We have 1900 square feet and we only live in about 1000 or so of it most of the time because we just aren't in the basement that much... and we LIVE in every square inch. And when we're living in it, there is just no way for it to stay tidied. You know? I wonder if people just have more space than I do and can tuck their messes away? Or I also wonder if maybe I'm just really really bad at cleaning as I go - and therefore it's always messy because I don't possess the skills required to clean as I go? That's probably it. So I have moments of true cleanliness littered with days and days of cluttered mess. It was spotless last night as I went to bed, but right now from my view on the couch I have laundry hanging up to dry all along the banister, and the chairs and ottoman covered in a sheet from our fort today. And like 13 toys littered around the floor. And a diaper bag on the floor. And dishes left on the table from lunch. And a pile of blankets from the car that ended up on record player. It's just crazy. And not to mention we only have 1 main bathroom... so like we do everything in that bathroom every single day and then when guests come over they have to use it too... which is just about the worst thing ever I think. We bathe and poop and bathe the children and make-up and curl hair and everything in there. And please, come in and use our toilet while you step around dirty clothes that we forgot to pick up from this morning's shower and all the tooth paste spatter on the mirror next to the beard hair in the sink. Yes, we should clean it up. But every day all day long? I'd rather just have the mess than have to worry about cleaning it up every second. I can't function like that.

But then I know people who can't function with how I live... and I wonder if I can be taught? Pick up some new skills to actually help me with the day to day instead of piling it all up and living in filth for days before the clouds break and a ray of clean sunshine sheds down on the house (but only for a tiny bit of time. And I mean tiny.) I bet there's a book out there I should be reading.

And then there's poop. Too much of my life revolves around poop. Yours too? I bet. The world sort of revolves around poop in some form... and this week has just felt like too much poop. Sully, who has always been a very limited pooper & almost too solid when he does do it, has suddenly been hit with a stomach bug that has caused massive blow-outs for days now. And thankfully EZ uses the toilet because he's had the runs and it's just been on and on. It's fine, I know this will eventually pass... but like, I'm pooped from it. Ha! I love puns.

Sorry to talk so much about poop. I don't actually like talking about gross things, it's just life right now and so that's what I have going for us. That and puke, because we had a lot of that last week too. But funny thing is that an 8 month old's puke is still mild because he just doesn't eat that much, and a 3 year old is capable of holding a bowl and puking into it, so messes to clean up really weren't much and so I'm stuck on the poop portion and not on the puke portion which is a blessing I'm not stuck on both portions? Who knows. This is going on too long and I apologize for all the liquidy descriptions. Bodies are so gross sometimes.

And how about this photo of us from back in September? I like Sully's face the most, and you can really see EZ's sweet wonky eye in this one... but it's just us on some random day wasting the time away taking photos. It's what we do. I bet someone pooped after this too. #life

No comments:

Post a Comment