Sunday, August 10, 2014

managing the cray cray

I consider myself a pretty positive person. I roll with the punches and keep moving forward and stuff like that. I also mostly keep my cool in stressful or what-could-be-awful situations. Like when some kids were having a water fight at the splashpad last week and threw a cup of water in our direction on the grass and woke my sleeping baby by dumping water all over him & my stroller... I didn't even fake it when I wasn't bothered by it. I actually felt calm and knew they were all very apologetic (especially the mom) and a little water never hurt anyone.

But lately, having a 3 year old is is making me have episodes of crazy.

I'm super patient and sweet and can envision us having the best day ever and then one hiccup with EZ and I will seriously LOSE IT IF YOU DON'T FREAKIN' PUT ON YOUR SHOES RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND SINCE THIS IS THE 7TH TIME I'VE ASKED YOU AND GET OFF MY LEG BECAUSE I AM JUST TRYING TO WALK AWAY FROM YOU TO GET THE CAR PACKED UP BECAUSE I'M TRYING TO TAKE YOU TO THE FARM AND FINE! WE WON'T GO TO THE FARM AND HAVE THE BEST DAY EVER SINCE YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ME AND HOW DARE YOU LAUGH AT ME WHEN I AM PISSED ABOUT THIS AND NOW EVERYONE NEEDS A TIME-OUT AND HOLY SMOKES IT'S BEEN AN HOUR BECAUSE EVERYTHING TAKES SO DAMN LONG WHEN DEALING WITH TINY IDIOTS AND SORRY I CALLED MY KID AN IDIOT BUT C'MON, SOMETIMES HE ACTS LIKE ONE BUT YOU'RE RIGHT I SHOULDN'T SAY THAT... deep breath... BECAUSE I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND YOU'RE SO SWEET AND I'M SORRY MOMMY GOT MAD BUT NEXT TIME YOU HAVE TO LISTEN BETTER AND THEN I WON'T FEEL SO FRUSTRATED AND OKAY LETS GO TO THE FARM BECAUSE IT WILL BE FUN AND WE ALL COULD USE SOME FRESH AIR BECAUSE THAT WAS PROBABLY AN OVERREACTION...

and so on, and so forth.

I can always laugh about the episodes once they've passed... but it gets real for a while there. And I only have ONE 3 year old! Ha! And I want like five kids or something?? hahahahaha.... we'll see if the sanity can make it.

Good thing these experiences are universal and kids make it up by being so flippin' cute the rest of the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment