I LOVE THE INTERNET.
I started blogging in 2008 when photos were tiny and posts were sporadic at best. And except for a few minor breaks, I've kept it up. Now 5 years later I find myself hanging out with internet friends on a regular basis. Internet friends! And most of them aren't even creepy! I bet somewhere out there an old person's brain exploded.
And instead of making this an eloquently written masterpiece that will be shared across time and space for it's brilliance, I'm just going to make a list. So here we go...
Why I love the Internet and Social Media.
1. It documents life. And since I'm a big fan of life (you too?), documenting it now to reminisce about it later is the best part.
2. It's inspirational. People have crazy awesome minds and I really like it.
3. It has a big, beautiful community of wonderful people. You're probably one of them if you're reading this. I always feel lucky to be able to read others' stories and share in strangers' lives. Especially when they're hilarious or heartbreakingly real.
4. It's really pretty. (Like, really. A lot of really pretty things exist and now I know about them.)
5. It makes the world feel small (in a cozy way.) I can't count the number of times I curl up with the computer like I'm intimately meeting with an old friend. Why hello, internet.
6. It makes me smarter (and kinder.) I read articles and books from online recommendations that I wouldn't have found on my own. It makes me kinder because everyone has something they're working out and no one is exempt from crap (no matter how beautiful their pictures may appear or how vague their post is written.)
7. Instant gratification (and possibly an ego boost while we're at it.) That's definitely a perk.
8. It helps expose yourself to a broader range of people & interests. This is especially true for my artist husband.
9. It's just really great. Sometimes I don't actually know why I love it, I just know I do. It feels as if we'll all be blogging & instagramming for life.
What else? What else? I know I'm missing stuff so help me out. Why do you love it?
And now here is a huge array of pictures with so many links it's unbelievable. All with internet friends taken within the last few months. I like all of these people, but I still really like YOU even if you're not in any photos below. I'm still waiting to meet some of my favorite friends (like you, and you, and you.)
Links are to the left and down like you're reading a book.
The original internet friend, Kate, me, Bonnie, Cjane (just holding my hand like nbd), Elizabeth, Kate, me, Marta, Annie, Danielle, Abby, Brooke, Aubry, Michelle, me again, Stacy, Laura & Autumn, yours truly & ez squeeze, Gretchen, Brissa, Ayley, hysterical me, Brissa (again), Ayley (again), Kylee, Kelli, Sara, giant face me, Angela & Margo, EZ, and lastly... ME. (So apparently I like to be included in the photos.)
Next up... Why I sort of hate the Internet & Social Media.