Thursday, December 13, 2012

to give: 12 days

*As of December 2014 - You can purchase THREE years of 12 Lays of Christmas poems right HERE! Go forth and Lay!*

Hello party people! Starting today there are only 12 days 'til Christmas! And to kick it off right, I have a nice gift idea for you. It'd sure be nice to do a wonderful thing every day for someone you love ala The 12 Days of Christmas (not original, but very awesome still.) My family did this growing up to another family (or two) in the neighborhood and it was always so fun. Keep it a secret or let it be known it's you, but I'm a fan of the building-up-to-Christmas Day type of present because I just think it makes everything more exciting. And it brings people together. Give a note, do a service, take 'em out for a Starbucks' Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate... the possibilities are endless. So there you have it,  a really nice idea.

Now how about a naughtier one? ;) Ah-yeah.


The 12 Lays of Christmas! We're talking about sex, baby!

My very best neighborhood friends were chatting one night (as girls tend to do) about Christmas/life/sex when this brilliant idea for the 12 Lays of Christmas came about (via pinterest via this girl's blog and her downloadable poems.) Everyone at the table was so excited about it that I just knew I had to share it with anyone and everyone I came across (specifically the Ladies... because although I am a big fan of gettin' some... let's be straight honest when we say it's a better gift for the Menfolk.)

The poem from the blog Love, Actually is the one floating around Pinterest, and it's great, free and you can totally use it.  I just knew it was a little too... long? cheesy? too many presents? for my taste, and so I made my own version! And it might be slightly dirtier too, but who's to say. (And anyone that knows me knows how much I do love writing lyrical poems.) Then my girlfriend Krystal also made her own, and so now there are like 3 versions that exist and I just think it's great.

So girls, I'm happy to share because isn't that what Christmas is all about? However, I'm not posting them for all the world to see right here, because my biggest blog fan also happens to be my husband, and this gift is ultimately for me & him and it shouldn't be spoiled for anyone ;) Here is the very first day's poem (below), and to get the other 11 days all you need to do go to the link & download!  And I expect (and hope) my email BLOWS UP with requests. Don't be shy either, I'm freakin' blogging about it so I am really not in the business of making anyone feel uncomfortable. Plus, I believe intimacy (physical, spiritual, emotional) in a marriage is so important and I truly believe in healthy marriages and families and really really want good ones to exist. And if getting more people laid this Christmas helps in any way, then it's my duty to help. Sincerely!
(most of the other poems are 2-liners with purpose and not this long.)

So for review:
Email me (or leave your email in the comments) if you want my version of the 12 Lays of Christmas.
My email is carlathorup(@)gmail(dot)com and any follow-up questions (or thank you cards! :)) can be sent there as well. Start today (Dec 13th) to end on Christmas Eve, or start tomorrow (Dec 14th) to end on Christmas Day. Or feel free and do a baker's dozen... I won't tell anyone! And most importantly, do it with love. Relationships are fragile and need to be handled with love.

Now from our house to yours we sincerely mean it when we say,

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab!!!! So glad I found your blog today! Could I please have a copy!!! Miss.sgarvey@gmail.com
    Xxx thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so good... ima need the rest. plz and thx.

    katrinavanbrocklin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing such a great gift idea!!!! (: I can't wait to offer this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PLEASE please send me the rest :-) flowerbud.mel@gmail.com!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds awesome! Could you email me jessicah83@gmail.com

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. please send this to me it sounds awesome! kjelsieegan@gmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a good idea! I'd love a copy! THANKS! jegrahamfam@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. if it comes in a package deal (you know... with a husband) then i'm down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am doing this same thing..sorta..I am stumpped on day 5...help..its day 4 now..lol email me carrih909@yaho.com...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh I love this I was wondering if you could email me the rest at brittainy.behm@gmail.com, I think my boyfriend would be very appreciative :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to have a copy arodeback@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete