Monday, November 19, 2012

i can't stop thinking about the cheesecake (and the friends)

My internet friend Kelli hosted a P to the ARTY on Saturday night with other internet (and some real-life for her) friends. I was so stoked to meet up with blogfriends that I've known for years only through their words and witty comments. And just as I'd imagined, it was great.

Kelli wrote about it and posted a bajillion photos, so I'll just link it up to her. And my saucy Brissa also mentioned some of the hilarious/slash/awky jokes. And I'm sure it's only a matter of minutes until Kylee writes about it because she's not only a polly-pocket-sized person but also a maniacally detailed writer. And I hope Katrina and the other ladies forgive me for totally calling them the wrong name. A few times... fail. (Other link-up ladies are Anna, and Jules, and Sara, and Ayley, and then the other fantastic girls that aren't fans of the internet or something (or use it solely to check email?) like Lindsey and Hannah and Mandy and Cyndi... and? it'd be just like me to forget someone, like a jerk.) Everyone was cozy and sparkly and great.

I've been making a bigger effort to meet my blogfriends lately because we're like superfriend close, just not in the physical realm yet. And it basically feels like internet dating. Except not really (and I actually don't know what that feels like... so maybe that's not close at all.)  Like... it's a tiny bit nerve-wracking and awkward to walk into the room because do you hug? do you just dig right in to the juicy blogged-about topics? do you shove your face with food or hold back to be polite?

I'm the type that basically does all three (especially the food-digging.) Just come to my arms and accept me.

And here is where I spend a paragraph praising the heavens for Brissa's pumpkin pecan cheesecake concoction.
HOLY.COW.  I had a freakin' moment with that cheesecake and I gave the maker of the cake like 2 full minutes of uninterrupted eye-contact because I didn't know how to adequately express my gratitude to her. It was the best pumpkin dessert I've ever tasted and I go to sleep at night wishing it to my dreams. I'm pretty sure Thanksgiving food will fall short this year in lieu of my encounter with cheesecake perfection. So thank you Brissa. THANK YOU. I'll text Cory another thank you later.


And because every time I meet up with internet friends it's a success, I want more. (I haven't even posted about my previous meet-ups...)  Maybe I'll host the next one? And you and your possible +1s and/or babies will be invited as well, since we all know they are equal stars in the blogworld anyway. And girls shouldn't get alllll of the fun. (but I want my out of stater people to come. buy a plane ticket already!)


Big hearts to blog people. We are great together.

11 comments:

  1. Dude I've been thinking a LOT about this lately. I will co-host with you if you want... it's like, how do you go from that "hey I stalk you and know everything about you, but we've never really hung out" to actually hanging out? It's like first dates but worse because you're already obsessed. hahaha. But seriously. I'm down to co-host and hang out and finally meet this baby of yours who I feel like I know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let's do it. maybe in between christmas and new years? a brunch so the kids are happy?

      Delete
  2. it feels so wrong that i still haven't blogged about it yet. it's happening tomorrow. i beg (yes, beg) you to host a blog party. i promise to be slightly less awkward with my hello this next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "like 2 full minutes of uninterrupted eye-contact" i died at that. i love this post and that party. host a new years party and all our +1's or 2's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun! You ladies are all too pretty, as is the party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. done. i'll co-host. invite me. i'll bring the cheesecake. i'll make it for you no matter the season. my only regret was not trying your key lime deliciousness. i'm serious. also, you called me saucy...
    boob bump.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want this. Y'all are lovely ladies. One day I'll be brave enough to get in on something like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you don't have to be brave, you just gotta show up! you'll be greeted by lots of hugs and "OH MY GOSH's" ;) next time!

      Delete
  7. you were obsessed with that girl's hand!
    ya look gooooood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ob.sessed.

      but i'd be even more obsessed if you would just come to utah already.

      Delete