Thursday, October 25, 2012

hair tuft


Feeding this kid every day is so much work. He has his favorites {waffles, eggs, bananas "nana!", turkey hot dogs, broccoli "tree!", apple sauce, strawberries, beans} but I have to be creative how I get him to actually eat his food instead of throwing it through the air or feeding it to Guido. We ate our broccoli on the front porch the other night and our cooked carrots on top of the table the next. We had green shake for dinner because he wanted nothing to do with the potato soup, and let him try to "feed" himself rice which resulted in so much rice on the floor. And if all else fails, I try to make whatever I'm giving him look like his favorite waffle plate and that usually tricks him enough. He's a sucker for waffles. Even if it is actually a navajo taco "waffle." 

[I've made whole wheat waffles, sweet potato waffles, oatmeal pancakes, chocolate chip agave pancakes, and will probably try a veggie pancake next. I'm trying to capitalize on his favorite food and sneaking in all sorts of healthy things. I always use agave instead of syrup, or omit any type of syrup and use yogurt or applesauce instead. And always fruit on top, usually with an egg (or veggie omelet) on the side. Moms do a lot of work, but I'm trying my best to give him the best. Anything I'm missing and should be trying?]


Updated to add this video :) So sleepy!
sleepy head highchair style from Carla Thorup on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. that video is just too funny. that's me just about every day.

    ReplyDelete