Wednesday, August 1, 2012

the birthday of one thousand pictures

I'ma 'bout to blow this interweb up with so many pictures of my child. I seriously can't stop myself. I know it's insane to have this many photos... but oh well. I choose this insane over somebody else's pictureless existence.

On Sunday morning EZ woke up to birthday balloons on his floor. He thought it was basically the best thing to ever happen to him and was clutching at least 2 balloons all morning.
Our favorite part of his birthday was breakfast. EZ loves himself some food, but you should have seen him with his waffle. (Oh wait, you will in the pictures below...)  He totally ignored the flaming candle and starting inhaling the fruit. And then he figured out that the waffle was also delicious, and ate until his plate was clean. (Plus an egg & some milk not pictured.) He didn't even share with Guido. It was one of the most awesome things Matt and I have witnessed.
Nap, church, then another nap... and he was ready for his party. We only invited Matt's family over because we had already had a small party for EZ last week at my family dinner (which I'll post about next most likely.)  We ate delicious food, opened presents (his favorite being the dog toy my mom gave Guido... of course), and then he got himself a nice piece of a clown cake. I had planned on making EZ's cake, but my sweet neighbor friend called me up and said that she loved making cakes, and would just be thrilled to make one for his b-day. One less thing for me to do and she'll make it all from scratch? Absolutely, I said yes. And that is how EZ came to have a clown cake for his first birthday. Neighbor Dianne for the win. 

I used all of the decorations I had on hand from previous showers or parties, and Matt made and hung the banner before family arrived. 

(The only time he cried all day was when I made him put on this hat.)

He had a bath, said goodbye to his cousin Leo with a nice swat to the face, and then crashed hard from all the sugary festivities.

He fell asleep in my arms that night and we cuddled right into his first dream as a one year old.

Then Matt and I watched the olympics and de-compressed from a happy day.

9 comments:

  1. i love the waffle picture series. even getting his foot in to the action. go get it EZ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kid is the coolest. And with his foot! He kills me. Can't believe it's been a year. So sad. And happy! Happy birthday lil ez red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he sure makes the best facial expressions! happy happy birthday to ez! what a fun day you had for him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just one foot up. eating my waffle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that he eats with his foot up there. the kid relaxes & eats at the same time. he has a sytem and i want to adopt it. i also want to be your child (weird comment?) so you can throw me an equally awesome party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're tiny enough to fit in my uterus! so sure!

      and that comment just got weirder.

      Delete
  6. This is so fantastic I could die!! And I love that he loves balloons. Also, in my wildest dreams, I'd live in your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a thank you very much! it's not perfect, but we like it. (at least these few rooms... the basement is a disaster.)

      Delete