Thursday, July 5, 2012

the freedom of a snotty nose

So EZ Red has been sick. He ran a fever a few days, then the coughing and runny nose came and parked themselves in our house and unpacked their suitcases. What started out as a trickle of snot turned into a waterfall... that turned into a river... that turned into a lake. Boogers everywhere. A red, raw nose. A baby that won't quit oozing. It's very disgusting and I just hope it's over soon.

So to celebrate America's birthday and the land of the free, we exercised our right to do very little. EZ took three naps while Matt and I watched 2 Redbox movies during day light hours. We hit up a pool for a short swim. We terrified our wee child with fireworks that night (he wasn't particularly in love with the boomin' and the bangin' and the screamin' ones... so like all of them... I can't imagine why (duoy. rookie mistake.)) I did try to make our meals more festive and delicious. Nothing brings out the USA spirit like sparklers, food coloring, and BBQ.


Doesn't EZ look thrilled? Not... ha. At least G-dog enjoyed himself. And EZ's matching red toms almost fit him ;) This girl is excited for that day.  And doesn't that flower look like a firework? That's why I bought it. And those cherries were delicious. And the corn too. Too much food for just 2 people, but isn't that what this country is for? Excess! Oh jeez. I didn't mean that. I love America. And holidays that celebrate it.

I demand a do-over without the snot. (Oh right... that's what the 24th in Utah is for.)

5 comments:

  1. you're hilarious! i love the photo of your dog. your poor babe. your instagram captions for EZ crack me up. happy fourth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, I want to laugh at ez's facial expressions so much, but then I feel bad!! poor little guy. :( hope he's feeling better soon! {and that it doesn't spread to the rest of the house!} he is really side-eyeing those sparklers, though... hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys know how to party party!! Love this! And poor Zeke's nose.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. this made me cry happy tears. hahaha
    oh you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this made me cry happy tears. hahaha
    oh you guys.

    ReplyDelete