Wednesday, May 2, 2012

i promise

i promise to take you outside.
i promise to swing. and go on slides. and roll down hills.
i promise to swim. and jump. and cannonball.
i promise to run. and bike. and sweat.
all with you.
with.

i promise to never let my insecurities get in the way.
actually, i promise to try to let go of my insecurities. (those pesky things.)
i promise to show you beauty. and nature. and health. and happiness.
how it could never fit inside a box.
or a norm.
or a size.
i promise to lay in the sun. make shapes out of clouds. smell the flowers.

i will also kiss your freckles (because yes, you will have them one day.) and sunscreen your fair skin til the dogs come home. and put aloe on when you sunburn (because no matter how hard we try, it happens.)


and i only hope you'll keep me to my promises.
and forgive me when i break them.

3 comments:

  1. Yum. This was a tasty post.
    That wee man is such a treat and having you as his mum is such a treat too, I'm sure of it. He's a lucky little chap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwe this is SOOO precious. i want to be a good mama like you one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously Carla. I just teared up you creep. Go moms!

    ReplyDelete