Wednesday, April 11, 2012

from a tuesday



We hung outside on a blanket yesterday so I could read a book and ignore EZ while he ate grass and rolled all around the yard entertaining himself. Ignore might be too strong. Or might not.

Last week I read The Giver. Yesterday I read Divergent (cover to cover in a day... I was really into it.) We've seen The Hunger Games movie twice since opening night.

I'm trying to figure out what it means that I've read these types of books lately. These __topia books. Rule abiding societies that are usually on the verge of chaos/war/revolution.

My dreams (and thoughts?) have been really crazy.

what faction will EZ choose? can he avoid the reaping? will he always tell me the truth? what about his memories? what about his choices? what will his fears look like?

Really rational things, obviously.

Any other Divergent readers? The queen bee of reading & writing, Gretchen, recommended it to me and I'm so very glad she did. Next up is The Fault in Our Stars also recommended by the Bee, so I'm sure it'll be good. (And she's just a Bee. Not a B. Love you, Grrrretch! Now please write a blog post about Divergent so I can pretend I wrote about it coherently & hilariously like you would.)

2012 will probably be known as the year I got my reading back.

11 comments:

  1. Bahahaha. Best ever. I love it when I get a shout-out from Carlita. I've been meaning to do a blog post of "What do you read after the Hunger Games?" so I'll, uh, get on that.
    xoxo,
    The Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the giver. i need to read it again. i heard they were turning it into a movie. i don't know how i feel about that. how was hunger games the second time around? better? worse? googoogaga? look at ez, chillaxin like a boss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cuz he is boss.

      Also, I don't think they shd make the giver a movie ... It just doesn't translate the same. And HG was equally as good & still enjoyable the 2nd time!

      Delete
  3. He is such a dreamboat! He's just so cute, Carla, and getting cuter and cuter each day.

    I'll have to read those books. I'm always looking for book recommendations.

    Where in the world did you get EZ's adorable sweater in the post below with the ELBOW PATCHES (my favorite)? I've got to get one for Hudson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah shucks! So nice. I got his sweater at h&m! Same with his cute skinny jeans!

      Delete
  4. Fault in our stars- super good! I recommend it. I HAVEN'T read Divergent, so I will! I'm obsessed with dystopia type of books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read it! And the 2nd book in the series comes out May 1st! I am starting the fault book tonight!

      Delete
  5. love the photo. I hope this year I get my reading back. still waiting for the book that grabs me. maybe one of these... thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photo is AMAZING! Also, I read/listened to the Hunger Games over and over and over again in preparation for the movie and it DEFINITELY messed up my dreams... lots of survival, necessary killing, and appearances of Gale?!? Yeah, that one was awkward.

    I need to read Divergent now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i got my reading back a couple years ago and it has become an obsession! thanks for the Divergent rec! the last dystopian book i read was Delirium. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the giver and divergent is on my list to read. cannot wait for school to be over so i can spend my summer reading new books.

    ReplyDelete