Wednesday, October 19, 2011

the random present

Matt woke me up on my Bday at the beginning of this month to a yarn maze strung all over the house. He knew my birthday wishes, which meant my presents had to be picked out in person (like my shoes and my make up), and both of those items took up the whole budget. He did want to do something surprising, so at the end of the maze {and after 26 pretty darn nice things about me} I found a sack full of my favorite treats & this random microwave s'more maker.

Microwave s'mores? Why would anyone buy such a thing? Are we actually going to store this contraption in our kitchen? I wonder if we can take it back...

These were my initial thoughts.

But! I have to tell you, making s'mores in the microwave is actually a very delicious thing to do with this toy (for lack of a better word.) Yes, you are correct that it doesn't have the campfire taste, but there are some benefits!  The chocolate gets just melty enough that it oozes all over the mallow! The graham crackers get just a teeny bit soft to take the overly crunchy edge off of the bite! It takes 30 seconds!

We have been a bit bananas over s'mores in the past two weeks. Maybe I'll purchase one of those flame torches for the outside of the mallow and we'll reach inside s'more making perfection? I'll let you know.

3 comments:

  1. brilliant! people think of the most clever things to make.

    (and i'm not one for that burnt mallow taste anyhow.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. That is awesome. I'm totally going to try one next time I'm over at your house. so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh. that is hilarious. I love it.

    ReplyDelete