Thursday, August 11, 2011

slow and steady

Recovering from a c-section hasn't been as terrible as I thought it'd be, I just have to remind myself to take it slow and steady so I don't do too much. I hear it gets really terrible if you split any part of the scar, so I'm making sure to avoid that. And my doc says it's a pretty c-section scar, so I have that going for me...I guess.  Sometimes it makes me feel limited because I'm not supposed to lift more than 10 pounds, but mostly it's been really great to be home and not have anything to do but feed/stare/hold/sleep and repeat. We take a walk each night when the weather cools down, and yesterday I made it all the way around the block! It used to be just down the street and back, so we're seeing progress.



5 comments:

  1. Both my bro and I were born by c-section. My mom always said that walking around helped her heal the best! And motherhood looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with your little family.

    The end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. family photos. gosh those pictures make me so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and Matt. Matt's cute too. Baby face Mcgee over there...

    ReplyDelete