Monday, August 15, 2011

papa bear




Matt turned into a natural papa the second he saw sweet EZ. Like he literally begged the nurses to show him how to best change a diaper & swaddle the little man. Also, I was pretty spent (and sick from the drugs/surgery/trauma) on EZ's birth day, so Matt pulled super-dad and took care of every little detail of our son's first day of life. And the next 3 in the hospital as well.  I wasn't very mobile and he jumped at every opportunity to flex his new dad muscles.

And it's awesome. Like really really awesome to see the boy that I have loved for so long comfortably hold his new baby. And kiss him! Sweetest little bearded kisses!

Consider me melted.

3 comments:

  1. melted is right!

    way to go matt! glad you have a good man, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I am most excited for about motherhood is to see Lando as a dad... this melts my heart, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, look at that baby. i'm in love. so happy for you carla!

    ReplyDelete