Sunday, June 19, 2011

mostly winning, with a hint of pop culture fail.

If any of you run in the same blog circles as I do, then you may have seen my round belly on a few other blogs in the last week. Namely, Angela's, Kera's, and Kate's. And you would have also seen Abby's and Shalynna's faces (and her baby belly as well!) We had a sleep over last weekend in SLC, where I shamefully snored [pregnancy made me do it!] and kept a few of them awake. It was super duper great though, and it was really cool to meet blog friends in person. Blog friends! I bet old people wouldn't even know what that means. Unless they are cool old people and into the internet.

So I was telling Matt about my weekend with my new blends (blogging friends... if you aren't up with it), and I mentioned that "we went and saw Midnight in Paris directed by Woody Allen. You know, the guy from Cheers."

Um, that is very very incorrect.  And I knew it right when I said it that it was wrong, but it still came out.


Woody Allen is not the same as Woody Harrelson.

And then we laughed and laughed at my erroneous statement.

Boy my face was red.

Good thing I didn't say that in person last weekend, or maybe they would have kicked me out of bed!

Blogger sleepover = tremendous WIN.

Media knowledge = FAIL.



Just keeping it real.

7 comments:

  1. No, I do the same thing with the "Woodys!" Anytime I hear Woody Allen, I think of goofy Woody from cheers. Glad I'm not the only one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...that's pretty funny. Nevertheless they have similar noses. That has to count for something - right?

    I found you via Kera's blog. Looks like you ladies had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it!! i wish you had said something, maybe when we were talking about eternity and my mind was exploding.

    and snoring is not as bad as yelling at shalynna in your sleep. sorry shalynna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We saw that this weekend too! Just be glad you didn't confuse him with Woody, the cowboy doll. I was so embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Abby! Abby! What are you doing?!"

    haaaaa! that was so hilarious. you woke up Carla?! i think so, you stopped snoring right around that point. oh man. good times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness you are hilarious.

    And media knowledge? I'm pretty sure everyone got annoyed with me when I had to ask, "Who is that? What was he/she in?" every time we talked about celebrities.

    Abby, hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! You scared me. I thought you were seeing ghosts or angels or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really didn't think it was you snoring. it sounded so far away! haha.

    i saw midnight in paris again last night with clint.

    ReplyDelete