Thursday, February 17, 2011

telling the abuelos

Having a baby is always exciting.  No matter how many babies have gone before or will come after, it is always a celebration. This little peanut will be grandchild #11 for my dad and step-mom, #7 for my madre, and # numero uno for Matt's parents!

We told my family (and some friends) using this giant valentine we made...

 It was fun, simple, and very well received for only $0.80 :)

But we wanted to do something a little extra special for Matt's family, since we'll be able to call them grandparents for real {and not just because of their grand-pets.} The Thorup's have a Vday tradition to pull valentines out of a box,  so Matt and I made our own version of the Vday box and they pulled out 2 balloons that read Love You Grandma & Love you Grandpa, then valentines that read "baby coming August 2011."  Here's how it went down (thanks to my SIL Meg who taped the whole thing.) Notice how long it took for them to get it? Haha... that was the best part. My favorite part is 0:40 - 1:20 if you only have seconds to spare today.


Matt & Carla's big announcement! from megan thorup on Vimeo.



And here are some snap shots when it was going down as well.










And then we got on the phone and told the great-grandparents :) Good reactions all around, people. Award winning! We feel all the excitement and the love you're sending.

7 comments:

  1. I love that the girls hug and cry and the guys give high fives. Classic! Congrats again, that's really SO exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwww yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats you two! that is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I'm not ashamed to admit that my eyes welled up a bit when I watched that video.
    2. My favorite part was Matt's Justin Beiber hair flip at the very beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is priceless so happy you got this for your baby to see. He/she is coming to a wonderful family! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla!! This is so exciting! Maybe our babies will be born on the same day...hint, hint we are pregnant too and due at the end of July. I am so excited to be taking this adventure with you! And now Bella will have two little ones to play with!

    Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha. love the way you gave the news! also, i WISH i still did a handwritten journal! i wrote that bit out just for the blog post to change things up a bit. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is the most ingenious idea! watching that video was making me want to cry!! i just got married and i'm going baby crazy!! yikes!

    ReplyDelete