Monday, January 10, 2011

you guys,

I really appreciate funny people. Like Kelly who wrote this in my comment section: "people are freezing to death in the midwest and you can't even blog for them?"

That was funny. I totally laughed at my desk {which is a big deal, since sometimes I don't laugh at work because I'm a wee bit busy or stressed.}

So if more people could leave funny comments like that, I'd be very grateful. Okay? Especially over the next 4 months. Thank you.

Matt was home for 2 weeks and it was awesome and totally felt like a vacation. Except that it's not a vacation for me- becaues it was still my real life. So we saw a ton of people, party'd hard, stayed up late, and all through out the 2 weeks - I still got up and went to work. So it was like real life and vacation intersected {which I don't recommend, because it's not cool} and man alive I was tired.

I used last week as a throw away week.

I told myself that I didn't have to do anything else but catch up on sleep and go to work. So I let my house get filthy. My dog didn't get enough attention. I did the bare minimum to prepare meals (or I just went out, let's be honest.) And I tried to get at least 8 hours of sleep each night (and sometimes more!)

And I feel much better. Now I have a list of tasks to get back on track. Monday- clean up Christmas decorations. Tuesday- clean kitchen table off and mop floors. Wednesday - clean bathroom and start some laundry. I must be very specific so that I can get back in the swing of things and not be tempted to have another throw away week. You really only get like 2 a year, so I must use my next one wisely.

And maybe I'll put blogging on the list. Maybe.

Also, our fish died. And I didn't think it'd be that big of a deal, but apparently it was. And now I can't clean out the bowl because I'm squeamish. I'm bribing my brother in law with cornbread (soooo goood) to come take care of it tonight. I miss having my man in the house.

But speaking of my man, he has been painting with watercolors lately. Like on Friday, when he made this...
The sketch is a version of the Tin Man from a Wizard of Oz book (I forget which one.) I think it's cool though.  And I'm glad my Christmas present to him isn't going un-used.

And there you have it. El fin.

3 comments:

  1. We both know I'm not funny. Sorry. But I'll comment so you know I'm here. Recovering from the holidays has been extremely difficult at our house-hope it goes smoother for you. Sorry about your fish. That's rough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hot dang! shout out city! :) i'm glad that you guys had a great week(s)? together. everyone has a slump. i'm just coming out of mine, so i feel everyone else should, too. :) he is so talented with the picture! my paintings look like a twelve year old did them. and not awesome.

    have you seen the wizard of oz with zooey? a little strange...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont have anything funny to say. just hi.

    ReplyDelete