Thursday, January 27, 2011

yellow


My in-laws dropped off a rotisserie chicken, asparagus, fruit, and this lovely yellow flowered plant because they were thinking about me the other night. It was not only a very sweet gesture, but also delicious. (Thanks David and Carole!) So I skipped out on my traditional eat-lunch-at-work routine and went home for a blissful 30 minutes yesterday. I cooked the asparagus with lemon juice and pepper, toasted a delicious piece of wheat bread, and just to keep it real had a capri-sun to drink. It felt a little luxurious to enjoy such a fresh meal at lunch time (when let's be honest, I'm used to frozen foods, a sandwich, or left-overs.)

I topped it off with a mini homemade ice cream sandwich (holler for chocolate waffles!) because I had some left over in my freezer from Sundee dinner with the fam.

Wednesday FTW!

(which i learned means for the win. in case anyone didn't know. my much more internet savvy friend gretch had to teach me that one, and i've always wanted to use it.)

3 comments:

  1. what the WHAT?! chocolate waffles?!!!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a posh lunch. I bet you were wearing a really fancy hat when you were eating it.

    I text Stuart the other day with "FTW!" in it and well, I won't tell you what he thought it meant. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was on my cousins blog and she wrote this. I was thining "she knows about these ice cream sandwiches!" and she has a internet friend gretch too?! Then I noticed the "posted by Carla"!

    ReplyDelete