Thursday, December 2, 2010

abominable rainman

Matt was in a very good mood last night. I was a little cranky and feeling a teeny bit sick when he called, and immediately my mood changed to match his because it was so darn infectious. I love it when that happens.

Also, I love facetime. I can't tell you that enough, because it is totally more personal than just chatting on the phone. You can make silly faces and use facial expressions and hand movements to relay a point, and the other person just gets it. I really like that. Those apple folks really knew what they were doing.

Occasionally however, the phone will freeze for like 10-15 seconds if the internet isn't fast enough, or if the other person is moving too much in a not so hot spot, and this is when our competition starts. We are trying to see who can take the worst (read: ugliest) screen shot during facetime freezes. You see, you never know when it's going to happen, so I might be in the middle of a gut busting laugh over Matt's biking raingear {his "sbrpg!"} and it's very possible that my mouth will be wide open and my eyes will be squinty and it will not be very attractive. Or I could be doing my new velvet pants dance that is ever so flattering (not.) Or he could be showing me his fat tongue/skinny tongue trick- and really, no one wants to see that.

I think he might win though, because my expressive faces turn ugly so fast. But 5 months to go, so there is still plenty of competition left. And plenty of thick bearded months for him, so maybe that will be his downfall?

And I seriously cannot not laugh when he talks about what he wears to keep himself dry while he bikes every day. The picture of waterproof pants is how I'm justifying my ab workouts lately. And he really wears it almost every day because remember how Seattle is super rainy? I am so impressed that he just rides a bike through the rain, because I would probably pansy out and take the bus. Or at least spend a lot more money so I could look cool while riding a bike. Good thing Matt is cool, even when he doesn't look it ;)

3 comments:

  1. Holler for FaceTime! (and Tango. Have you used that app? Its like FaceTime but on 3G...we use it when Shawn doesn't have access to wifi.) Its so nice to be able to see your man when he's away. Those apple folks sure do know what they're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh.. face time? h-e-double-hockey-sticks- YEAH! it seriously is SO sad that you are apart. james went away for two days for work and i felt like an army wife. :( i'm weak. Hope the 5 more months FLYY by.
    we always have ugly faces talking with his parents on skype. we switched to google video and it's muuuch better. someone told me you can facetime to macs now. haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope those five months go fast!!!! that's really cool that he bikes every day in the rain. i'd wuss out too.

    ReplyDelete