Monday, November 22, 2010

you should never doubt what no one is sure about


We watched the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last night and were completely enamored. It'd been too long, and Matt and I found ourselves laughing and noticing details we hadn't before. Wonka was perfection.

Oh, did you catch that? Matt and I. The toilet seat is left up, the table is messy with computer cords, the bed is warmer, the christmas lights are up, Guido is happier. He's home until Friday and we are really feeling the love.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams...

And that picture up at the top? I have been working on upholstering some chairs for a few months now, and I finally finished one on Friday night. Much much better, no? I'm pretty proud of it. And Matt is over the moon proud of me, so that makes it even better. He keeps saying "I can't believe you did this!" It's very sweet.

7 comments:

  1. february?! that's fantastic.

    you've given me great hope for re doing chairs now! brilliant re-do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but really, that chair looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That chair is FANTASTIC! Great job! Did you take a class on reupholstering, or did you teach yourself? I've been wanting to learn...

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Remember that one time when you saw me in Ikea and I was really embarrassed because I looked like you-know-what? Let's forget that happened. It was fun seeing you though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the chairs!!! how did you do it? was it easy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes. how DOO you DO IT? i wanna know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chair looks FANTASTIC! And I am SO happy that you get to spend time with the hubby :-)

    ReplyDelete