Sunday, October 3, 2010

oy oy oy

I don't think I've been this emotional on a birthday since those very first screams straight out of the womb those 25 years ago.

Anyone in Seattle airport this afternoon, thanks for looking the other way when you saw that blonde girl crying from security to her gate.  But then again, it's my birthday and I'll cry if I want too, right?  Just the thought of watching Matt walk away while I went through security gets me all teary eyed, so please don't anyone bring it up. At least not for another day or two.

The good news? I am home. Guido is next to me chewing on a bone and so happy it's quite infectious. I've already face chatted with Matthew and it seems like just being able to see him is a comfort.  He is safe and happy in his room in Seattle.

And we loved Seattle. We had the best long weekend exploring and I know it's going to be the perfect fit for Matt over the next 6 1/2 months.  Plus, he will totally become an artist because that city makes it so easy to find inspiration! And color! And creativity!

It was great.  Just really great.  Although today would only get a great minus.

Also, I do believe this is harder than sending him on a mission. At least right now those are my feelings.

I will try to avoid painfully long sappy posts as often as I can. Promise.

And thanks for all those out there that have been so kind today. The texts, calls, facebooks, the notes on my front porch, the cake, the crepes, the ice cream sandwich. I feel loved. And Matt does too. We know there are a lot of people rooting for us, and that makes this all the easier.  So in the words of our favorite analrapist, let the great experiment begin! (I love Tobias :)

5 comments:

  1. ugh. talk about tearing out your heart.


    you are brave, my friend. i don't think i could do it.

    i will root you along for the 6.5 months ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday lady!

    Glad you enjoy Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you loooved Seattle! You are going to be fine and if you need to sap it up a bit, go right ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a happy birthday!

    It's ok if you want to write long sappy posts about your hubby being gone. Not that dating long distance is the same, but I feel like I know how you feel, regardless.

    ReplyDelete