Wednesday, October 20, 2010

a lovely little well


Here is an example of what Matticus is doing at school every day. This was specifically his project from yesterday, and let me just boast how talented I think my husband is... SO TALENTED. Ok, boast session over.

However, if you're like me, you're thinking "But, Matt, your lovely little well only has one pole! However will it withstand the rain and wind storms?"  Well, apparently 3D animators use shortcuts where they only have to build half of their object and then use magical computer powers to copy it to the other side. Doesn't that make sense? TALENTED AND SMART.  I've got a keeper, peeps.

Matt is studying 3D animation along with loads of other stuff while at school. His ultimate goal? To be a 3D Modeler, also known as the guy that makes all the designs and models but doesn't neccessarily make them move all of the time.

2 1/2 weeks in and he claims he's learning so quickly that his brain might explode because he just can't handle the awesome.  These are good feelings. Great feelings, actually. Especially because this same day last year was a pretty shoddy one in the life of Matt and Carla. So it feels especially good that 365 days can make such a huuuuge difference.   And I love this well. I want to make a wish in this well and sing down to the water below about the dreams of my heart while blue birds flutter and prince charming gallops my way.

Now THAT is an effective design.  Booya Matty, my lovely lover boy :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear he's doing... well. YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like my dad always says, "Well...that's a deep subject."
    But in all seriousness, that is some awesome work.

    ReplyDelete