Thursday, April 15, 2010

sweet matty

one very sneaky boy +
one unexpecting girl =

a little bit more bling on her fing!

Matt completely surprised me on our anniversary with 2 new bands to go with my already gorgeous ring. I has occassionaly joked that it'd be quite the feat to cover my entire finger with diamonds, but I DID NOT SEE THIS COMING.
.
Matt and I have never been into the idea of "normal" romance. Flowers, chocolates, or jewlery hasn't ever been our style, because we'd rather fly to Ecuador, or buy a really big TV, or scooters, or you know- visit Spain (21 days!) So we both agreed to keep it simple, write a love note or two, and just spend the day going out to dinner and being together.
.
Little did I know, I was about to feel as giddy as a girl just engaged. He casually had me look for his sunglasses in the car, and then I found a big white ring box. HELLO! I don't get DIAMONDS?!?? It was really amazing and awesome and just so so sweet. You got me good Matthew. And now I feel like a pimp 70 year old lady that has really made it in life. Holler :) Then he started explaining all the reasons he picked these rings...
.
It's been three years- so now you have three rings.
.
I want you to have something smaller to wear when we travel.
.
I have two rings, and I wanted you to have more.
.
I got some freelance jobs, so it's not coming out of our account.
.
I never got to give you a wedding band.
.
.
and the list went on and on.


Thank you, Matt. I still feel giddy and special when I look at my hand.
What a lucky wife I am. And what a sweet sweet husband you are.


1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, congratulations! On both your anniversary and your bling bling...it is beautiful! I'm glad you had a good celebration =)

    ReplyDelete