Thursday, April 8, 2010

a different sort of packing experience

In less than a month, Matthew and I are leaving to Spain. Gone for a total of 16 days, spending time visiting old aquaintances & some time exploring new parts of the country.
.
However, it's got me a bit more apprehensive than normal because it's Europe. I've never been to Europe, so all of a sudden I'm nervous about what to pack. For example, when we were in Ecuador and Peru in 2008, I never once thought about how I looked. The dirtier, hippier, grungier - the better. I didn't bring my straightener, so I had frizzo hair. Matt didn't have a razor, so his beard was all sorts of crazy. We wore the same clothes all the time, meaning our black sweatshirts and most comfortable traveling pants. And we totally fit in {besides being white and freckled of course!}.


And when Matt was last in Spain (serving as a missionary for our church), he was always in a suit and groomed to a T. {and handsome!}

Anyway, I've heard that as long as I have big sun glasses, skinny jeans, flats, cardigans, and a scarf I should be fine. I'm only a tad concerned how I can pull it off while carrying my big 'ol back pack... but oh well. We'll be in Europe! 28 days and counting.
.
(And I'm pretty sure all the nerves are heightened because of The Satorialist ... because hello - I've seen what the pretty European women dress like! It's cause for some trepidation.)


4 comments:

  1. Oh what an adventure! I'm partial to the place. Right now I'm at home in Scotland (missing California like mad). You're going to have a great time. I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have no reason to be nervous. you will look beautiful and your husband is handsome and you will intimidate all the Europeans if anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you and of course way jealous! I love The Satorialist even though every time I look at it I feel a little inadequate about my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when I went to Germany some years ago, I felt out of place because I didn't have a black leather jacket like every other male there.

    ReplyDelete