Wednesday, February 10, 2010

enamorados

Matt sent me this card from Spain (where he was serving a mission for our church from summer 2004 to summer 2006) to Mexico (where I was spending 4 months for a study abroad program) for Valentine's Day 2006. That sentence seemed like a mouthful for a Wednesday morning.

It is my very favorite card ever.

.
"Those who are in love dance to the same music."
- Anonymous.
.
Inside he wrote "I hope you like this card. When I saw it, I immediately thought of us. Also, that I always want to wear a speedo, because it just looks cooler the older you get! And you will still like it! ... (enter lots of gushy lovey dove stuff ...then he ends it) And even though I'm very far away, I feel closer to you than ever. Happy Valentine's Day! I love you!"
.
And then he always signed his letters with loving you always.
.
We have over two hundred letters back and forth to each other over the 2 years he was gone. It's like magic when we go back and read some of them. Kind of like a dream world. A really amazing magic dream world with lots of giddy raw love is how I can best describe it. And now he's taking me to Spain this May... and I kind of can't wait :)

2 comments:

  1. So you're really going to Spain? Are the dates set? What an adventure you will have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just busted out our letters too! I was so nerdy in so many of my letters. Oh well! I guess he still liked me enough to marry me.

    ReplyDelete