Tuesday, January 19, 2010

turning 25, part 3

Right about 8 o'clock I started to hint to Matt that we needed to get ready to head out for our "departure." Right then... the door bell rang and Matt answered it.

This is what he saw...

So there you have it. Matt was very surprised and just overly stoked to have a pup of his own! His reaction was a bit tamer than I thought it would be, but he said he didn't want to scare the dog. Like I said in a previous post, I had been planning this for like 6 months and now that we are pup owners I think I'm ready. He is a baby boy purebred pug, 5.8 pounds, has the best demeanor, and Matt chose the name Guido "the meatball" Thorup. Yes, that is a UFC fighter name... it's because Matt thinks the pup has "incredible ground game" like Clay "the carpenter" Guida. Oh brother. At least he rocks our world in cuteness. And what a cuddler! So happy birthday Matty boy! I love you, and our new gweed machine.

8 comments:

  1. EEE! That's adorable! What a wonderful surprise and birthday gift for your husband! That dog is toooo cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my!!!!! cutest little thing i ever did see!! what a great surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last pict of him in the box is way darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! that's the best present ever. (i left our pup on our doorstep for lanny's birthday, too...)

    he is cuuuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhh! best present in the world!!! my sister just bought a puppy a couple weeks ago and i have to say that it is the funnest little thing to have around! you're going to love him!

    and my goodness i'm so glad you found me, because now i found you! cutest blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! It keeps getting better and better! I would love to do this for my husband but I just can't commit. If we did get a dog it would be a pug or a puggle. Oh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh! what an awesome idea! so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay seriously I am in love with him! He is sooo sweet. Can we have him? No? Darn it!

    ReplyDelete