Friday, November 20, 2009

a pair of eyes with a come hither gleam

Hey padre,

Remember that time a few years back when you took Matt and I to the Desert Star Playhouse for their silly Christmas performance? I can't really remember the name of the show, or really what it was about, but I do remember that one song that made me laugh so hard I cried. And I know you remember, because I swear every Christmas it comes up somehow.

The song was "Mr Santa" played to the tune of "Mr Sandman" {originally by The Chordettes} ... but only one woman came on the stage since the other ones were doing a costume change... and she sang the entire song by herself only using the back-up vocals and noises. SO the entire song was just "bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum, bum bum bum bum bum" and "ooooooooo saaanta." It was hilarious. I was busting for over 10 minutes. I always remember that performance whenever I hear the song, which I just so happened to hear yesterday. I've posted about Pomplamoose before right here, but yesterday when I stumbled back onto their youtube page to see if there were any new songs to enjoy, cha-ching! there it was - Mr Sandman.

It's so great. Listen to it. Now.

And thanks for taking us to that playhouse dad, it was fun. Maybe we'll have to do it again sometime :)

{their MJ's "Beat It" is pretty cool too!}

No comments:

Post a Comment