Sunday, September 13, 2009

i wanna hold your hand: a story

2 days after I turned 16, we went to see Rat Race as "friends." It was our very first time being alone together. We flirted. We giggled. We were awkward. He swears that I put the arm rest down between us, and I will forever say I didn't. He stared at my hand the entire movie... but never made a move. After the movie, we went to Carl's Jr. and we chatted. He told me that he drives with his left hand so he can keep his right hand in the middle of the car in case a girl wants to hold it. He called himself smooth. I laughed. Less than 10 minutes later, we were in the car driving towards my house. He casually had his hand placed directly on the middle console, and my brain whirled what he meant by it. Was I supposed to hold his hand? Was he doing it on purpose? My heart beat a bit faster, and I went for it. I slowly placed my hand on his and my nerve endings stood on edge. He was beyond surprised... and immediately yelled in a sudden outburst, "oh boy!" I flinched and pulled my hand back embarrassed, muttering "sorry.. didn't mean too..." He quickly calmed down and said "no no... it's fine. I just didn't expect it." He was shaking, very nervous. I once again placed my hand on his. We both grinned from ear to ear. Butterflies fluttered. The first hand hold. Magic.
we shared this story at a dating discussion with some youth tonight. actually, we acted it out. it's much funnier that way. i love this memory.

6 comments:

  1. Hey! Can you kill me harder with your cuteness? (did that make sense?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww cute story! I was such a hussie, phil and I made out on our first date, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. I love this! Immensely. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply sweetness! Carla G... you two really are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a total cuteness overload. Love it. =)

    ReplyDelete