Tuesday, June 9, 2009

some of the deets

Thanks for all the lovely comments about our house! We are just beyond stoked! We have been sucked into cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning the past 3 days and are now onto painting, painting, and more painting! The house is in good condition and we aren't renovating much, but it does need some TLC and some small changes to make it more of our own. I have pictures, but I love Before/After photos too much so I'm going to wait a few more weeks until we've made the changes before I post them. Sorry! Just know that it will look very nice {and clean!!} once we are done with it.

The house is located in a very familiar neighborhood and it is 10 minutes away from both of our jobs. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 fireplaces (wood burning), just under 1900 sq. feet, a fenced backyard, a covered patio, a deck, a one car garage, a big 'ol laundry room, and so so many roses!There is a lot of room to grow... let's just say that :) We purchased the home as a Short Sale, and when we put the offer into the bank in February, let's just say we weren't necessarily planning to wait until June to close! It was occasionally frustrating because there are lots of people involved with Short Sales, but after all is said and done - it has been very worth it.

Here we are at closing... using fancy official pens to sign the inch thick packet of papers. We were very serious about it...The funniest part of Friday, June 5th (when we signed the docs) occurred while driving to the building. We are pulling into the parking lot and we're all excited and buzzed that it's finally here, when Matt looks at me and dead seriously says, "Never in a million years would I have thought I'd be closing on my first home while rocking the Mustache."

It was really funny :)

Lots more work over the next 2 weeks, but I'll occasionally pop in to tell more! And we are just so thankful for everyone around us that is helping, or supporting, or commenting to tell us our house is cute! It really keeps us motivated and we can't stop smiling.

2 comments:

  1. So, I just signed off on an inch thick stack of papers to rent a house with 5 other girls.

    You're out BUYING a house with your husband...one day, one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm utterly excited for you and utterly jealous! Steve and I are AGES from owning a home. *sigh* One day.

    But it's positively adorable and I'm super happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete