Friday, May 1, 2009

the dress that is now a shirt



The dress I was sewing became a shirt last night. It was more wearable and less sack-like as a shirt, so it just made sense. It is far from perfect, but when I pair it with a F21 vest and only take pictures with my iphone (so you can't see all the details- i did that on purpose,) it looks fine enough to wear. During the process of sewing, I broke one needle, ran out of thread twice, and unpicked stitches 9 times. It's a good thing I didn't make it perfectly, because now there is so much room for improvement. Oh, and excuse the tired eyes of the 2nd picture... it's Friday morning and we stayed up too late last night. And in my right hand is a snippet into my every day life... I love slimfast chocolate shakes, and have one almost every morning for breakfast. Delish.

5 comments:

  1. It's cute! Not bad for a first shirt, right? I couldn't do that. No where near that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made that?! That's really good! I don't even know how to use a sewing machine, so anything I try would be horrible compared to that. I think it looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work on making that shirt! You're so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at you! very crafty :)

    ReplyDelete