Monday, February 23, 2009

we [heart] time.



Mostly because we are having a hard time finding enough time lately. This photo was taken by Matthew on the way to work this morning, and I think it is very accurate & honest. I look tired. I look dazed. I don't look happy, but I don't look too terribly sad. I look like I had a weekend full of late nights {some good, some bad} and like I caused too many tiffs with the husband over un-important matters. I look preoccupied. I look like I need an entire bag of sour gummy worms. I look withdrawn. I look like I need a good book, a cuddle partner, and a free night. I look like I want to shirk my responsibilities. I look like I'm contemplating decisions. Yet again, I look tired.



Because that is how I feel today. Tired. Tired over so many things. This picture is too accurate today.


and i told you to be patient
and i told you to be fine
and i told you to be balanced
and i told you to be kind


I've listened to Skinny Love over 10 times today. I believe it is helping.

4 comments:

  1. I like this picture of you. Thanks for being so vulnerable and sharing :) I hope you get that much needed night off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend you get ahold of Bon Iver's new EP Blood Bank. Then listen to the title track about 1000 times.

    (The title may sound a bit -ick, but it's really beautiful.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE the headband! yeah for hippie love! Do you still have your dread? We were destined to be friends... holler for Ecua-freaking-dor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One particularly hard day on my mission in south america I noticed that my companion was struggling. I didn't like him much, but for some reason I felt impressed to share some gummy bears with him. My gummies were my sacred treasure that I intended to have last to the end of my mission- And each of my companions knew of how I treasured them.
    Well, I awkwardly gave him a handful.
    Reckognizing my sacrifice, he genuinesly expressed his appreciation. And in spite of our differences, we were the best of friends after that.
    So the moral of the story is- an entire bag of sour gummy worms can indeed help!! :)
    ...among other things.

    ReplyDelete