Sunday, February 1, 2009

we [heart] hearts

Since it's the first day of February... I made some decorations to welcome the month of love. The heart is my favorite shape... so it makes sense that I made some. (and these are not the best instructions... I'm not meant to be a craft teacher... so keep that in mind while reading.)

1) Take colored paper and cut it into 1-2 inch strips.
2) Cut {2 stips at a time} into varying lengths... 3) Feather the strips of paper so it looks like an ornament
4) Then flip the top down, taping both the top and the bottom.
5) Hang your cute hearts all over your house or office to feel the love!

I made pumpkins like this for November, and then ornaments for Christmas, and now hearts for February. It might be repetitive, but it's also easy, fun, and spruces up empty spaces. And it bugs Matt when I make crafts while in bed... which I totally did while we watched Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. {Ned the pie-maker {aka Lee Pace} looks super sexy in that movie - and it's a cute flick set in the 1940s era... we liked it.}

Happy heart month!
(the bread isle at Harmons is a weird place for a picture...oh well.)

5 comments:

  1. The photos a really good Carla. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love how well the hearts turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the idea! I totally made them and have decorated my apartment with them. They are so adorable and provide for compliments galore! Keep the ideas coming!

    ReplyDelete