Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Buses

If you are looking for an exciting/stressful time, take an Ecuadorian bus. I think of all the places Matt and I have traveled, Ecuador has the scariest bus scene. In just one minute yesterday, I was stepped on (with a high heel!), elbowed a woman in her face (which she yelled at me for bending her glasses), and a cute native woman was knocked on her bum while the grass she was carrying on her back went all over the floor. All of this occurred right before I exited the bus... needless to say I was rattled and a little stressed out at class last night. But I still love them! And am thankful I don´t have to walk to school 4 times a day now. So holler for public transportation systems, even if they are terrifying.

3 comments:

  1. Remember the bus/train/subway rides in China? Just getting to your destination is half the adventure. Stay safe Carla G!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, I love that you and Matt live in Ecuador! Ty's tough, I think he and I might enjoy a similar lifestyle, but how do we get Jim on board?! Take care of yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA, I love public transportation. Your experiences might outdo mine but still an adventure nonetheless! I love that you're in Ecuador, so awesome.

    ReplyDelete